St. Mary's Cathedral (Roman Catholic)

Cathedral Place.
Designed by the famous neo-Gothic designer, Augustus Pugin, the foundation stone was laid in 1842. The overall plan was for a rugged exterior and a smooth light filled interior.

Construction was suspended during the worst period of the Great Famine, when the partially completed building was used as a shelter & hospital for the sick and dying.

Augustus Pugin died before the work was completed but according to his son, Edward, of all the churches he designed, Killarney was the one nearest to his heart. It was consecrated in 1855 and extensively renovated in the 1970s.

Mass Times
Saturdays & Eves of Holydays: Vigil 6.15p.m.
Sundays (St. Patrick's Day & Christmas Day): 8.00a.m., 10.30a.m. & 12.00noon
(also 6.15p.m. on Sundays in June, July & August).
Holy Days: 8.00a.m., 10.30a.m. & 6.15p.m.
Week Days: 10.30a.m. & 6.15p.m.
Confessions: Saturday: 12.30p.m. to 1.00p.m. and 5.30p.m. to 6.00p.m.

loading please wait...
Photo Gallery
Click on the image to enlarge
Enquiry
Please complete form where required
*

*



*


Copyright ©1997-2014 Killarney On-Line Ltd t/a KillarneyonaMap.ie, t/a GetonaMap.com is registered in Ireland: 264710.
VAT Number: IE8264710D. Directors: Laura Tangney, Stephen O Sullivan. All Rights Reserved.

Built by Splash

Loading rates, please wait...